As a client of Family Service Thames Valley, you have the right to:
- Be treated fairly, honestly and respectfully by all Family Services Thames Valley staff with regard to your race, culture, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, spiritual beliefs, or political beliefs.
- Be considered the expert in your own life experience.
- Ask to change clinicians if for any reason you are not comfortable or satisfied. Please speak with your clinician.
- Choose to discontinue counselling at any time, but please talk to your clinician before doing so.
As a client, we ask that you:
- Actively participate in all aspects of your service with Family Service Thames Valley.
- Inform staff of any medical condition, disability, or cultural need that requires our awareness or accommodation in providing service.
- Treat others with fairness, honesty and respect, including maintaining the privacy of other clients.
- Give your clinician 24 hours notice if you wish to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Failure to provide sufficient notice means this time will be deducted from your counselling services or late cancel/no show fee will be applied to you.
To book, cancel, or reschedule an appointment, please call your clinician.
Complaints or Concerns
Clients are encouraged to express any concerns, complaints or appeals they have regarding their service at the agency. Clients may discuss concerns with their clinician or the clinician’s supervisor by calling the agency at 519-433-0183.