Adult Protective Service Worker
Our Adult Protective Service Workers (APSW) provides support to individuals who are over 18 years of age, who have a developmental disability and who reside in London, Middlesex, or Elgin County.
- Resource Information and Referral – Providing comprehensive information and referral to appropriate community services
- Case Management – Assisting individuals to develop support plans of their choice.
- Advocacy – Advocating with or on behalf of people having difficulty accessing service.
- Crisis – Providing crisis management in situations where there has been a drastic change in support needs.
- Community Development/Education – Assisting individuals and families to link with natural community supports.
- Criminal Justice Coordination – Providing advocacy and support required to navigate the Criminal Justice System.
- Empowers individuals to live more independent and satisfying lives
- Support in navigating community resources
- Support people through crisis and problem solving to enhance stability and connection to others
- Support to understand personal rights and responsibilities while developing self advocacy skills